Every Monday I’ll be sharing 5 new tips you can use to start the week right. This week I am focusing on the connections we make on Social Media, because that’s where it all starts. The better the connection with your audience, the more likely they are to take advice from you or buy your products and services.
1. Connection – The social networks are built around this concept, so it is very important you get this first for success. You begin by connecting with your friends, family, and people in your target market. Then you connect with their friends and family. Before you know it, just a few connections become many.
2. Conversation – One of the most important things to remember on the social networks is you cannot begin with the end (sales). It’s like going to a cocktail party. Would you go to a party, meet someone new and right away launch into a sales presentation? Of course not. You would first get to know each other this is what social media allow you to do online. You begin with a conversation, and you learn what your new friend needs and how you can help them.
3. Create Relationships – As you have these conversations online, you begin to get to know each other. This leads to a better understanding of what your new friends need and what they love to do. You find out how you can help them. Like all great relationships, it should be less about you and more about them.
4. Community Building – Your community is your core group of like minder individuals. The more time you spend on the social networks the bigger that community will become. It starts out slow but as your community grows the faster you will grow your connections because you have access to an ever growing pool of people. For example, if you start with ten friends and each of them have ten friends you then have access to 100 people. Once you become friends with those people, you then can connect with each of their ten friends, and it just goes on and on in a geometric progression. Now not every one of their friends will become your friends but the larger the pool of choices the more chance you have to grow the number of people you have relationships with.
5. Caring – As human beings we all hunger for other humans to connect with. It’s just built into our DNA. Because our jobs and family commitments isolate us a lot of the time, it becomes harder and harder to find and create connections. Our online communities can help to fill that void. The most successful communities are the ones where people truly care about each other and try to help each other. When you give of yourself, you open yourself up to receive more in return, and this is where Social media shines! It is the perfect platform for giving to others.
If you enjoyed reading this post, then you may also enjoy: